What is Hosted PBX
Hosted PBX is the latest technology in business phone systems. Hosted PBX – aka Hosted VoIP – is a solution that uses your internet connection and the power of the cloud to provide your business with feature-rich voice solutions – usually with more reliability and lower costs. No need to manage expensive equipment or hardware on-site. We manage the whole system and make sure it works so you can stay busy managing your business or taking care of more important IT projects.
Without the need to buy or maintain PBX hardware, you get to save those costs. Savings of 30% to 50% are common for MegaPath customers who made the switch to Voice over IP.
VoIP phones come standard with advanced call routing features and integrations that increase productivity while delivering superior call quality. See Features.
Our Hosted VoIP service integrates with CRMs, Helpdesk, and other everyday applications for efficient communication, sales, and support. Learn about Voice Integrations.
Why choose New Age Networks Hosted PBX
- Flexible, Affordable – We offer Hosted PBX for a low monthly cost per user, so you can pay for what you need and add more users when you need them. Learn more about plans and pricing
- Features for Modern Business – Features like Advanced Call Forwarding and Find Me/ Follow me make it easy to work from your desk phone or your mobile phone; all configurable and at no extra charge. See a complete list of features
- Fast Install – Whether you choose self-install or full-service installation, we find the fastest way to get you up and running. Includes free user and administrator training and 24/7/365 live support.
- Broadband Flexibility – Provide your own connection, or use MegaPath networks. With MegaPath business internet we guarantee the voice Quality of Service and Hosted PBX uptime.
- We Have the HD Quality Phones – Select from an array of HD Voice and multimedia phones with advanced features and exceptional call quality. Explore our phone options
- Sound More Professional – Features like guaranteed quality and professional voice recordings from Snap Recordings make you sound professional on every call.
- One Provider = Less Hassle – We offer everything your company needs to stay connected, letting you simplify your life by working with a single provider.
- We’re Consultants – We build solutions. Leverage our team of experts for any business communication need – whether or not it’s related to the way you work with us.
Learn more about Hosted PBX
What is it?
Hosted PBX, Virtual PBX, and Hosted VoIP all refer to the same thing. A Hosted PBX is a service that allows routing of voice communication by hardware that does not physically reside at the location where calls are being made and received. Thus, the hardware that routes calls for your business is “hosted” by a service provider. Hosted VoIP is a related and synonymous term because Hosted PBX requires voice communication to come over an internet line (not a phone line).
In layman’s terms, it takes some technology to properly route phone calls when they come into your business. That technology used to be a physical box at your location, and in some cases still is (prior to this, you had a human operator routing calls by plugging and unplugging cords). Thanks to the internet, you don’t need to worry about that box because it’s owned and maintained by a service provider. You use the hosted PBX via the internet, in much the same way you don’t need to have a server in a closet to house your digital files. Nowadays you can access them remotely, using the internet with a system and environment that is commonly called “the cloud”.
So, what makes Hosted PBX so great? As described above, you don’t need to have hardware on-premise to get the features that come with it, like call routing, extensions, hold, call forwarding, etc. There are many other benefits of hosted PBX outlined below.
- Cost Savings – Physical hardware is costly to purchase and maintain. Hosted solutions allow you to cut those costs altogether.
- No Maintenance – Hardware is hosted off-site so you don’t need IT resources for an enterprise-grade phone solution.
- Scalability – Since these systems are virtual, it’s much easier to add lines and set up new branches, allowing you to pay for what you need and expand with growth.
- Work Mobile – When your phone system is virtual, you aren’t limited to the office. You can set up systems to route calls to cell phones and set up individual remote workers.
- Sound More Professional – Hosted VoIP includes features like call routing and forwarding, giving your business a more professional feel over the phone.
- User-Friendly – End-user management is done through easy-to-use web interfaces, reducing the need for specialized skills to monitor or change your system.
Is this right for my business?
The availability and efficiency of a hosted PBX system is subject to variables, like the location of your physical address, how new your infrastructure is, and the speed of your internet connection.
In theory, hosted PBX reduces cost by eliminating the need to maintain physical hardware at your location; but every location is different. In some cases, an on-premise PBX system (not hosted) may be superior. If you don’t have a strong internet connection at your place of business, you may not be able to support a Hosted PBX system, which relies on VoIP (Voice over IP). Since Hosted PBX relies on the internet to provide service, it’s only as strong (or weak) as your data connection and in cases of very poor internet – can’t be supported at all.
At MegaPath, we consult with you to find the right solution so there’s no risk of matching a weak data connection with a VoIP system that can’t handle it. In fact, if you use MegaPath for VoIP services and business internet, we can guarantee no downtime.