Firewall and Unified Threat Management
Managed Firewall Services & Unified Threat Management
Safeguard your network and information assets from evolving cyber threats.
Comprehensive Security Solutions
Unified Threat Management (UTM) provides comprehensive, multi-layered security that safeguards your network and information assets against viruses, malware, and emerging cyber threats.
Optional Security packages for SD-WAN Pro and SD-WAN Enterprise services include Managed Firewall, Intrusion Detection & Prevention, Content Filtering, Application Control, Anti-virus, Anti-Phishing, and Malware Protection. For a complete, end-to-end network security solution, the SD-WAN Enterprise Advanced Security package also supports SSL Inspection/Decryption Support, NSS Lab Certification, and Custom/Modified Signature Support.
Choose Newage Networks for Firewall & UTM Products
Newage Networks end-to-end network security solution avoids the cost, hassle, risk, and scalability limitations of multiple standalone solutions.
Graphical, interactive security reports help your network admins better manage and protect your network.
A complete industry-leading unified threat management solution delivers unprecedented defense-in-depth security.
Get Started.Talk to an Expert. 817-788-888
Multi-layer UTM Protection
Protect against malicious attacks and costly downtime.
Our comprehensive network security solution delivers industry-leading unified threat prevention and can be customized to meet your specific network protection requirements, company policies and regulatory directives. Our fully managed solution reduces demands on your IT staff and simplifies licensing.
UTM Products & Components:
- Next-Gen Firewall is the first line of defense against network intrusions and threats. Traffic-shaping technology analyzes network flow and enforces access control policies, giving your most important applications first access to the Internet.
- Best-in-class Intrusion Detection and Prevention provides real-time protection from network and application attacks.
- Content Filtering enables the users of your network to enjoy the benefits of the Internet while remaining protected from inappropriate or harmful content.
- Application Control protects by blocking or restricting access to risky applications. Intelligence is delivered from industry-leading vulnerability research organization FortiGuard labs.
- Anti-Malware and Virus Protection minimizes network disruptions by stopping malware and viruses before they reach your network. Anti-phishing protection identifies and blocks attempts to steal sensitive information.
- Interactive Reports help network administrators monitor attacks, viruses, and more, as well as identify attack sources and patterns.
Advanced Security also includes:
- SSL Inspection/Decryption Support protects you from attacks that use HTTPS, but also from other commonly used SSL-encrypted protocols, such as SMTPS, POP3S, IMAPS, and FTPS. When full SSL inspection is used, the security appliance impersonates the recipient of the originating SSL session, then decrypts and inspects the content. The appliance then re-encrypts the content, creates a new SSL session between the appliance and the recipient by impersonating the sender, and sends the content to the sender.
- NSS Lab Certification: The Advanced Security Appliances have received NDPP, EAL2+, and EAL4+ based Common Criteria certifications. Common Criteria evaluations involve formal rigorous analysis and testing to examine security aspects of a product or system. Custom/Modified Signature Support.
Specific Solution Details
Next-Generation Firewall combines deep packet inspection with application awareness for greater control and protection against malicious threats. It gives administrators greater visibility into (and control of) the users, content, and applications on their network.
- State-of-the-art application and user filtering
- Deep-packet inspections help ensure network security
- Enables network and user segmentation for increased policy granularity and compliance
- Blocks malware before it reaches and infects any computers
- Shapes traffic to avoid bottlenecks and gives highest priority to the most important applications such as VoIP and video conferencing
- Controls evasive, encrypted, and Peer-to-Peer applications
- Reduces operational costs
- Minimizes threat-based downtime
- Simplifies insight and reporting: Access reports across multiple sites and appliances in a single dashboard
- Offers service options to match your business and network needs
Our Network Intrusion Detection / Intrusion Prevention Service (IDS/IPS) provides real-time network protection against malicious entities and threats. The IDS/IPS engine is based on Sourcefire’s SNORT, the single most widely deployed intrusion detection and prevention technology in the world. IDS/IPS delivers ironclad security for your network, while threat signatures are continually updated dynamically from the cloud to counter emerging threats.
- PCI-compliant IPS sensor using Sourcefire SNORT-based intrusion detection / prevention
- Protection against the latest vulnerabilities—including exploits, viruses, rootkits, and more
- Full signature set is standard; automatic daily updates of attack signatures
- Uses signature, protocol and anomaly-based inspection methods
- Whitelisting of signatures is available
- Intrusion prevention blocks traffic that is identified as malicious, rather than just generating alerts for it.
- Stops zero-day attacks
- Minimizes threat-based downtime
- Reduces risks associated with blended attacks
- Maintains application integrity
Maintain productivity; comply with your organization’s Internet use policies and regulatory requirements.
- Identity-based filtering policies
- Scalable database with SafeSearch integration
- Includes Web Search Filtering – Easily apply a filter to all Google, Yahoo!, and Bing HTTP-based searches. This is much faster than configuring each browser manually to filter unsafe content
- Automatic, cloud-based signature updates
- Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA)-compliant content filter, safe-search enforcement (Google/Bing)
- YouTube for Schools allows access only to educational content
- Granular identity based policies can be tailored to specific groups wherever Active Directory is used
- Whitelists provide a means to exclude certain users and websites from all filtering
- Direct queries of the AD server reduces configuration steps and simplifies group-based filtering
- Integrated workflows simplify setting up filters
- Keeps unsafe content at bay across browsers, avoiding the need to manually configure individual browsers
Newage Networks Antivirus, anti-malware, and anti-phishing services minimize network disruptions by stopping unwanted viruses and malware. By leveraging a continuously updated list of signatures and using multiple detection methods, the service provides a multi-layered approach to malware and virus protection, phishing avoidance, and protection against unique outbreaks.
- Flow-based protection engine powered by Kaspersky, a trusted, leading anti-malware technology that provides a way to detect the most dangerous and prevalent threats
- Defends against the most dangerous cyber threats, including zero-day malware, server-side malware, web-borne malware, drive-by downloads and other types
- Malware detection screens the incoming and outgoing HTTP traffic for malware, Trojan horses and phishing websites
- Multi-pronged detection methods: URL scanning, object detection, and signature detection
- Threats are detected and blocked based on either the URL or a signature triggered by the content
- Creates automatic threat notifications with integrated alerting, logging and reporting
- Effectively detects malware in all types of traffic (Web, email, P2P, IM, and more)
- Updates signatures continuously
- Balanced trade-off between in-depth security and maximum performance
- Takes advantages of a multi-layered approach, with each layer complementing the others, contributing to the overall security level
- Efficient perimeter and gateway level defense
You May Also Be Interested in:
Business Internet Service
Newage Networks offers a wide range of Business-class Internet service options nationwide, including Ethernet, T1, Fiber, Cable, Wireless and DSL. Get speeds up to 10 Gbps.
Unified Communications (UC) transforms teamwork. Use any of your devices as your business phone, with the added convenience of real-time collaboration and conferencing tools. Improve productivity and mobility with features like video calling, IM and Presence, and online conferencing (including desktop sharing and guest access via web browser), integrated into a single application.
Firewall & UTM is delivered through our partnership with Cisco, a global leader and innovator in Private Networking and Security.
Newage Networks manages your entire IPsec VPN WAN remotely. For your security, our cloud-based management platform provides state-of-the-art security features like dual-factor authentication and password enforcement policies and comes with SSAE 16 and PCI compliance. For added security, the control plane separates network management data from user data. Management data (e.g., configuration, statistics, monitoring, etc.) flows from security appliances to our cloud over a secure Internet connection. User data (web browsing, internal applications, etc.) does not flow through the cloud, instead flowing directly to its destination across the WAN.
Managed Networking and Security services offer simpler licensing than comparable offerings: Buy one cloud management license per appliance.
Enterprise License includes:
- Stateful firewall
- Site-to-site VPN
- Client VPN
- Branch routing
- Link bonding and failover
- Application control
- Web caching
Advanced Security License includes all Enterprise License features, plus:
- Content filtering including Internet SafeSearch and YouTube for Schools
- Intrusion detection/prevention service
- Antivirus and Anti-phishing
- Geography-based IP rules – Use Layer 7 to deny/limit international network traffic to your organization